Saturday 3 April 2010

Mosaics

*coaxes program*
Come on, you can do! *nods* Don't run out of heap space..

Yay for a more efficient way of doing rotation, and only allowing a certain number of each tile per mosaic.

OOH it worked! Just this second!

This is what it made!

I know it doesn't look that great, but it's an experiment. The mosaic is only made from 15 different tiles, and each one is allowed no more than 40 times. They are tiny tiles, which is why it took a while to make.. Oh, and rotation rather than squashing was chosen.

This is the source image:


..*tries something else*

WOOP my "Was you project successful?" criterion holds!!!!!! SO happy. At least I can look a little less stupid now.

The criterion was that when you feed it a source image that *is* a mosaic, and set it up with exactly the same settings, the same image is produced as output.
(much more easily demonstrated by example..)


Tis my Henriette : )

And here she is with bigger tiles / less detail:


And a nice balloon picture to finish, methinks. Note I've not set any limit to how many duplicates are allowed, and it is only the small tileset again :)


And now, I'm off to make lots of tiles from my photos! Then the mosaics will look good, I promise ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment