Friday 30 April 2010

I'm having a bright day today :)

But my feet are killing me! Silly shoes. (And no, they're not even new. My old brown ones!)

Yesterday was such a brilliant day. I did bounce at rather a lot of people.

Up nice and early, did a fair bit of dissertation.

Funtimes in lectures :) Clippy shoes. Discovered I am the only CompSci in the year without Wifi at home..

Walked home in the warm.

Did lots of writing.

Had tasty, spicy, lentilly goodness.

Went to a string clinic with Casanova (the cello :P) - I've never changed a string on it. I felt it was high time (after a few too many years), but I didn't know what type of strings are on it now, or what type to buy. A little Internet research showed there was a LOT of choice.

A very interesting presentation on how strings are made, and how their different materials combine to form the tones, a free pen and chromatic tuner (!) and then a consultation with my cello.

The best bit - what I'd thought was a free trial offer (trial these strings for a week, then decide whether to buy or return them..) was actually a whole free set of strings! So now, I'm waiting on a lovely lovely set of strings to arrive!

Then I get the fun of trying to put them on ; )

I bounced home.

No comments:

Post a Comment