Thursday 23 June 2011

Ceilidh Madness

Phleh. Need to get back in the habit of writing more.

So, this week, I've mostly been trying to convince my body that I want to be up at (previously deemed) silly 'o clock to play the 'cello. Have finally played in my first ceilidh, which somehow managed to be Emmanuel May Ball. Played Magdelene last night, which was both better and worse. Lots of soundcheck faffage, but more people at the ceilidh..

It's quite novel to play a May Ball, walk back to the house, take out the washing that you set to start at 4am, then walk straight to work, 'cello on back and wearing ceilidh garb. Nice quiet, empty office, and a surprising amount of work done in the hour and a half before people started to show up!

Still at Red Gate, having passed probation -woo! Managed to ask for all of August off before determining whether I actually had a job there ; )

Am very bouncy and excitable for Les Misérables at the Fringe, which now appears to be Happening.

Two more ceilidhs this week, at more sensible times. The one tonight at Fitz shall also feature apple meringue pie, which I thought sounded interesting, and incorporates two of the birthday girl's favourite dessert ingredients. I'll let you know how it goes. It's currently in the oven at home.

This week, I have mostly listening to An Clar Geal. Definitely in a ceilidh mood.

We've now chosen the repertoire and conductors for both OotH and UCPO - I'm rather excited for the concerts next year, and shall be practising lots over the holiday!

Doo dee doo. I don't really know what day or time it is any more. I had a period of 26 hours including 1 hour sleep, work and a ceilidh, followed by an actual ball I was going to. Clare had very good music, ok food, and rubbish rain : ( Luckily, we had an umbrella. Or "undybrella", as my head always tells me.

I need one now. It's just started to rain.

Actually, I think I'll keep a record of my ceilidhs.

No comments:

Post a Comment