Thursday 23 June 2011

Ceilidh #1 - Emmanual May Ball - 20/06/2011 - 04.30

Soundcheck enhanced by the remains of the 7-layer dobos torte cake from the OotH garden party.

Actually soundchecking people after having some random fun playing songs with each person on a different note. Am last. Si Baeg Si Mohr as soundcheck choon.. Played it rather a *lot*. Couldn't seem to get my mic working. 2 microphones, several cables, and a short while later, I'm set.

Wake up at 3am. Snooze alarm once. Apparently turn off alarm. Panic, but still make it on time, even conforming to my rule of "Danielle cannot walk into town without bumping into at least 3 people she knows".

Shown to green room after obtaining Planets wristband, and try to stay awake. We're given some crisps.

They're running a bit later, but we boogie on over eventually, I talk to Alex and Sarah, we set up avoiding the sticky floor, and we're off : )

Quite a short ceilidh with lots of rather drunk people (much to the amusement of James, Owen and myself..), but good catchy sets played. Which stuck in my head for quite a while.

I took some photos. They are quite blurry, but I include them for completeness:




Wandered back home just after 6am, and got to work for half 8..

First ceilidh: check!

Some were surprised that it was my first ceilidh - I've been in CUCB for quite a while now, but I've never quite managed to squeeze one in before, what with OotH, UCPO, UCCB, GSM and Baby rehearsals and concerts.. ... That would be why then :P

No comments:

Post a Comment