Sunday 31 July 2011

The Lakes, and cakes.

Are not Edinburgh, but now I'm in the right mindset, they're wonderful. Good friends, good food, good times.

And so very many giggles.

I've been spending a bit of time emptying my memory card - shockingly I haven't done it for nearly a year (though I should point out I do have more than one). I thought I'd post some of the cakes I've made recently. I seem to have made a lot.

The first one is the cake I made for my second day at Red Gate. Talk of a possible rainbow cake on my first day led to me explaining that I've made one before. Could I make another? With chocolate and glitter? Yes. Did they believe that I was going to do it? No.




This stack is a batch of banana, walnut, almond and raisin muffins:


The was for the CU Ceilidh Band's first annual cake competition:



This is a Dorset Chocolate Mousse cake, made for a friend's barbeque. It's rather tasty with clotted cream and fresh raspberries.


 And *this* is the watermelon cake. The recipe was new, and completely failed. I should've stuck with a plain sponge cake, but I thought I'd experiment with a cornflour cake. I still took it in for Cake Club, because it looked kind of cool, and it didn't taste as bad as I imagined it to. Win.


Pies, pies, pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment