Sunday 20 June 2010

Oh T9, you are brilliant

Let's smuggle up and recap my week, since my diary epically failed this term..

Ok, so I've had three years at Cambridge university. I've never quite got it straight in my head that I'm at Cambridge. I still occasionally think *woah, Cambridge*, even now.

I'll never get it fixed in my head that I got a 2.i! I've stuck a printout of CamSis on the inside of my door to try and convince myself. It still feels a bit like Friday didn't happen.

Work is brilliant; I really enjoy it, and I work with lovely lovely people. I appear to be good at what I'm doing, which is a great feeling, and I'm able to get on with all the other staff.

I have just bought several panja. After seeing (and trying!) Caroline's on Friday evening, I remembered how I'd always wanted one. Took a little time to find out their name, but now quite a few are on their way : )

I didn't set an alarm today, and it was fantastic. I have so far, done nothing apart from eat hobnobs, grab my lovely warm dressing gown, and jump on here.

Clare May Ball was so much fun! The dress turned out pretty well (I think; it was only the first time I'd made something), and I managed to fix my useless zip problem, by making a GIANT pocket, which turned out to be damn useful.

I have opened up to a few key people. More of this needs to happen, but I'm getting there.

Yesterday, I took part in a piano trio (piano, violin, and 3 'celli), a cello/piano duet (2 'celli, and 2 people on one piano [one hand each, crossed over]), and a string quintet (Schubert's in C, which I *adore*; viola covered by bassoon). Wonderful stuff.

Today, I am going to get dressed and do these stupid dishes! I finally have time!!! Excitement.

And make a skirt methinks. I'm going to wander to John Lewis and get some thread/cord/ribbon for a dress I'm making for my sister, and maybe wander to the Senate House and check it's not all a dream :D

Stay safe and round!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment